St Pancras station
St Pancras Station is the gateway between London and the Midlands.
The station was designed by WH Barlow (1812-1902) Engineer-in-Chief to the Midland Railway and
opened for passenger use in October 1868. The trainshed rises to a height of 105 feet above the rails, is
690 feet in length and 240 wide. At the time it was considered an engineering wonder and was the
largest single – span enclosed space in the world.
London & Continental Stations & Property Ltd. is the facility owner of St Pancras and is responsible for
the management of safety and security matters at the station. Train services are provided by Midland
Main Line Ltd.