The church and the convent located a the Four Fountain cross – road was designed by Borromini in 1634.
The church, dedicated to S. Carlo, is very small and it is also known as “S. Carlino.” note: worthy the
oval dome with its ingenious little lanterns. Finished in 1667, the fa�ade is one of Borromini ‘s last
works. In the crypt a small curved chapel reserved for him remains empty, because he committed
suicide in 1667.